In every household septic tank plays an important role. It must be pumped on a daily basis to prevent the building of solids and to make sure that it is properly functioning. The frequency of the Septic System Pumping in Wilsonville depends upon multiple factors, such as the size of the septic system, the number of people using the septic system, and the amount of wastewater generated on a daily basis. All these factors are equally important to identify whether there is any need for septic tank pumping.
It is recommended that the septic tank must be pumped every three to five years. However, it is just an estimation, and the actual septic tank pumping frequency can vary depending on the individual circumstances.
To determine when the septic tank needs to be pumped, you can look for some signs indicating the tank is getting full. All these signs include:
- If you observe the drains are draining more slowly than usual, then it can be a sign that your septic system is full and it needs to be pumped.
- In case you start to smell foul odors coming from the drain or around the septic tank, then this can be an indication that the tank is full and it needs to be pumped immediately.
- If you notice a damp spot in the yard or around the septic system, then it can be a sign that the tank is full and there is a high chance of overflowing.
If you are not sure about when the septic system needs to be pumped, then it would be better to consult a professional septic service provider so that they can inspect your septic system and recommend the pumping schedule based on the needs of the septic system.
Steps To The Septic Pumping Process
The septic system is a crucial process that involves removing the accumulated solids as well as liquids from the septic tank; here are some of the steps to the septic tank pumping process:
- The septic tank pumping process begins with the technician assessing the condition and determining the amount of waste that needs to be removed from the tank. The septic tank inspector will also examine whether there are any signs of damage or leaks in the tank.
- Before starting the pumping process, the technician will relocate the septic tank’s access lid and open it. Then, the hose will be inserted into the septic tank to begin the septic tank pumping process.
- A vacuum truck pumps out all the waste from the septic tank. The expert will carefully remove all those accumulated liquids and solids from the tank and make sure that there is no waste left behind.
- After the septic tank is pumped, the expert will clean up the inside of the tank to remove the remaining sludge or debris. This step is crucial to make sure that the septic tank is operating efficiently.
- Once the septic tank has been cleaned, the technician will perform another inspection to make sure that everything in the septic system is working in order. They will also check the drain field/soakaway pipes to make sure that there is no damage or clogs.
- After that, the expert will replace the septic tank access lid, ensuring it is securely placed.
- Now it is time for disposal, the waste which has been pumped from the septic tank will be transported to a licensed disposal site for treatment and disposal.
Things to expect from your Septic Tank Pumping Technician
In case you have scheduled the appointment with the septic tank pumping technician in Wilsonville, then here are some of the things you can expect, such as:
- The technician must arrive at the scheduled time and introduce themselves.
- After pumping and cleaning up the septic tank, the technician must inspect the tank again to ensure that everything is functioning correctly.
- Your technician must provide you with the receipt or the certificate of septic tank pumping that you may need for insurance purposes in the future.
Overall septic pumping technicians are there to make sure that the septic system is working properly and provide recommendations for any necessary upgrades or repairs. They should help you to keep the septic system in good condition through regular pumping and cleaning.
Contact American On-Site Septic for Septic Tank Pumping
American On-Site Septic has 17 years of experience in providing septic service. We work to ensure that when the consumer calls, we have the equipment and team to handle all the needs of the customers. Apart from septic tank pumping, we provide service for septic tank inspection, repair, maintenance, and septic system design. You can reach out to our experts for help. We will be there to assist you with your septic tank in no time!